How to Renew Your Maryland HQL License
If you received notice from the Maryland State Police that you need to renew your HQL, there is NO CLASS for you to take. Just follow the steps below. HQL Permits renew every 10 years.
- From MSP email, click on link provided, then log in
- Enter date of birth, last name, and registration code (follow prompts to get registration code)
- Once new account is created with the above information, login next
- Scroll down and click on "renew license" button
- Fill in all required demographic information
- Answer "Application Questions" on next page (19 qualifying questions)
- On the next screen, choose "Pay Fees" where you will be prompted to pay $20
- You will receive a confirmation email that your application has been submitted
If you have any questions or need help, contact the Maryland State Police Licensing Division - EMAIL or call 410.653.4500. Even if we did your application, you will need to contact them because once submitted, we do not have your information.